Summary: Do you want to import OST file to Office 365 Application. If yes then In this article we are going to discuss the best possible ways to perform this task. In case if you are facing any issues in migrating the data then the user can take the help of SysTools OST to Office 365 Migration tool.
Uploading OST file to Office 365 from the on-premises Exchange requires legitimate arranging and the executives. The procedure for mailbox migration is likewise chosen dependent on the number of mailboxes.
However, an issue emerges when the Exchange Administrator needs to export mailboxes data bolted inside OST files, which means, those OST files that don’t have the related mailbox profile on Exchange, and there are unsaved data in the OST. Mailboxes put away in such OST files can’t be imported in Office 365 – as they are essentially a reserve of the mailbox on the server and hence can’t be opened without Exchange and related profile – except if there’s a method to export OST file to PST, Office 365 or another available format.
This blog entry shares the technique to assist you with how to import OST file to office 365, overcoming the difficulties which may prevent the uploading OST file to Office 365 procedure. The care should be taken in surveying the correct migrating strategy as in some cases, manual strategies may not fill in according to desires, thus bringing about disturbed business coherence.
Important Note: In case if you are looking for an instant Solution to Import OST file to Office 365 then the user can take the help of SysTools OST to Office 365 Migration Tool. This will helps the user to export the complete OST file data to Office 365 ( Exchange Online). The user can download the demo version from here.
Techniques to Import OST File to Office 365:
Technique 1: Convert OST files into PST and transfer to Office 365
This is an aberrant technique which includes two stages:
- Convert OST file to PST file
- Import PST file in Office 365
Stage 1: Convert OST to PST file
- Open the Outlook account and go to “File“.
- From the File option, click “Import and Export.”
- Choose the choice “Export to a file” and click on the “Next.”
- Select PST choice and click on the “Next.”
- Select messages or folders and check the checkbox for “Include Subfolder“.
- Now, browse to indicate the location to export the PST file
- Select the checkbox for “Replace duplicate with items imported” and click on the Next
- Give a secret key to the PST file, whenever required.
- Click on the “OK” button to save the PST file.
Stage 2: Import PST file to Office 365 Account
- Signing to your Office 365 file and go to Admin Center of Exchange Server
- The Exchange Admin Center (EMC) window will show up. Go to Permissions and double tap on Organization Management.
- Click on “+ sign” and choose Mailbox Import Export
- Click on the Add and pick Ok
- Once more, select Mailbox Import-Export and pick Save
- Go to Admin Center and select the Setup followed by Data Migration and choose the Upload file.
- Choose the New Import Job and give a job name. Click on the Next.
- Select the checkbox for Upload Your Date and click on the Next
- From the accessible window, choose the option – Show Network Upload SAS URL.
- Copy that URL and paste it.
- Download and Run Azure AzCopy
- Open the Microsoft Azure AzCopy tool and type here the accompanying: exe/Source: \Network Path or File area/Dest:” SAS URL”/V: location where you need to spare logfile/AzCopy.log/Y
- Press the Enter key
- When the PST file is created, the subsequent step is to make a CSV file to plan PST fine into mailbox account
- Open the import data window and keep an eye on the two option and click on the Next
- Click on the accompanying: Select the Mapping file — Upload CSV file — Validate — Save
- Your PST file effectively uploaded into Office 365 and click on the Close
Limitations of Manual Approach to Upload OST File to Office 365
The client must think about the constraints of the above-portrayed techniques before embracing the manual methodologies. Underneath, a portion of its significant limitations.
- The manual strategy involves loads of steps that are tedious.
- The transferring of enormous estimated PST file devours a lot of time
- A client must have specialized data so as to comprehend the strategy
- Any mistake while performing a manual method may prompt Outlook data file corruption or damage.
Technique 3: Import OST to Office 365 by utilizing SysTools OST to Office 365 Migration Tool
SysTools OST to Office 365 Migration tool is an immediate technique that includes converting over OST files legitimately to Office 365 files. This strategy causes you to send out your offline mailbox data to Office 365. You need not bother with Exchange server availability to perform out this strategy. The user can easily migrate the User as well as Admin account data. Also, the user can export corrupted and Orphaned OST files.
In addition, the tool has a simple UI that makes the entire fare process effortless and simple for the clients. Other than this, it recovers the corrupted OST file, recovers for all time deleted messages. By using this tool, no mailbox data will be lost during the conversion procedure.
Office 365 offers plenty of business applications alongside Outlook email client, in this way making it progressively helpful to perform business tasks. Additionally, Office 365 is overseen by Microsoft, in this manner alleviating the association from dealing with the application and the Exchange server.
This free specialized guide featured the manual techniques and the product-based strategy to import OST to Office 365, alongside an examination of the strategies. In light of the examination, it very well may be surmised that the manual strategies are unpredictable, dreary, and may not deliver the normal outcomes. But as we have seen that manual strategies are very complicated, so we recommend using OST to Office 365 Converter tool.
1,563 views last month, 1 views today