Summary: In this post, we will guide you on how to fix error code 1067 in SQL server by using a couple of easy methods.
“Hello! I am facing issues with my SQL Server. It is showing an error message “Windows could not start SQL Server (mssqlserver) service on local computer error 1067 the process terminated unexpectedly.” Can anyone help me resolve this issue? This is super urgent.”
Sometimes, a user encounters “SQL Server Error 1067 The Process Terminated Unexpectedly” error, when starting the SQL service. This error does not let the SQL service start on your computer and terminates the process mid-operation.
This can mean severe stress for the users, so in this blog we will discuss some effective methods to resolve this error.
But first, let us understand the reasons behind this sudden error in SQL server.
Reasons Behind Error Code 1067
There are several reasons why this error occurs in the SQL server, such as
- Incorrect configuration of server application
- Memory issues
- SQL Server system files damage or corruption
- Accidental deletion of an application file
- Inauthentic license information
In case your SQL database is corrupt or damaged, try MS SQL Repair tool to recover inaccessible data.
How to Fix SQL Server Error 1067?
Typically, file damage or corruption is the main reason behind this error along with the others mentioned above. You can also check the SQL Error log to know the cause and effect of error 1067 in SQL server. After analyzing the possible causes, the next step is to see how it can be resolved. Here’s some easy DIY methods for you try:
- Check Access/Permissions
There might be access control or permission issues that are causing error 1067 in SQL Server. Check your user profile for adequate access & permissions to the server. Follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R to open Rundialog box. Type “services.msc” and click OK. The Services window will be displayed.
- Select Services from the list.
- Right-click on the service which is showing the error and choose Properties.
- Stop the service by clicking on the Stop In case it is not running already, go to the Log On tab and click Browse.
- Enter your account name in the “Enter the object name to select” section and click Check Names. The object name will be displayed.
- Next, click OK. Enter password if prompted.
This should resolve the error. Also, if you are using a system with credentials that are managed by an active directory, your SQL server credentials may not be synchronized with active directory credentials. If this does not solve the error, move on to the next method.
- Uninstall SQL Server
Try to uninstall the SQL server, if the above methods fail to resolve MS SQL Error 1067 and then re-install it. Follow the steps below:
- Back-up the Registry.
- Press Win + R keys to open Run dialog box.Type regedit and press Enter.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete all keys related to MS SQL server.
- Next, restart the system after running clean-up utility to remove all SQL server files. Now, re-install the server. This might help fix the error.
Fix Error 1067 in SQL Server using Alternative Solution
If none of the above manual methods is able to fix ‘Error 1067, process terminated unexpectedly’ issue in MS SQL server, download a professional SQL recovery tool i.e. Stellar Repair for MS SQL. The software can resolve any SQL database corruption issues. It can also repair corrupt MDF and NDF files and recover Indexes, Views, Tables, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Rules, User Defined Functions, and Keys from SQL database.
2,596 views last month, 5 views today