ASM Command-Line Utility (ASMCMD):
-ASMCMD is a command-line utility
-ASMCMD provides commands for managing Oracle ASM
-You can manage the following things by ASMCMD -:
- Oracle ASM instances
- Disk groups
- File access control for disk groups
- Directories within disk groups
- Templates for disk groups
Types of ASMCMD Commands:
|1.||ASM instance management|
|2.||ASM member cluster|
|3.||ASM Filter Driver management|
|4.||ASM file management|
|5.||ASM disk group management|
|6.||ASM file group management|
|7.||ASM template management|
|8.||ASM file access control|
ASMCMD Update & Changes in Oracle Database 19c:
- The password option with the ASMCMD pwcreate command is now optional.
- New options have been added to force a delete of the old password file and create a new password file (-f)
- To specify the format of the password file (-format).
- The new ASMCMD setsparseparent command sets the parent for a sparse child file.
- The new ASMCMD mvfile command moves a file to the specified file group in the same disk group where the file is stored.
With Best Wishes!!!!
Oracle Database Consultant
Certified in-: | 6X OCI|OCS (ADB)|OCS (GG)|OCE (RAC)|OCP (11g,10g,9i) |OCA (9i) |
Source -: https://docs.oracle.com
Read the following post to learn more details about Oracle ASM Management.
1,792 views last month, 1 views today